Lyrics to the pop song “The Sound of Silence” by Paul Kane (aka Paul Simon) 1963
Hello, darkness, my old friend
I’ve come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains within the Sound of Silence.
In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
Beneath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night and touched the Sound of Silence.
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share…
And no one dare disturb the Sound of Silence.
“Fools,” said I, “you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows.”
“Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you.”
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed in the wells of silence.
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming.
And the signs said: “The words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls,
And whisper’d in the Sound of Silence.”
Paul Simon/Paul Kane’s musical work in the early
1960’s was primarily as a contracted songwriter in the famed “Brill Building
He would write songs for other artists to record. He did try his
hand at performing, however. He wrote many ballads and rockabilly tunes
which were recorded, both by Paul and his mildly-successful
Paul also had a famous collaborator, Carole Kane (who changed her
name to Carol King).
Paul Simon, whose family was part of the military-industrialist complex, was very likely a product of the early 1960s military experimentation in Silent Sound mind control,
which is clearly what the lyrics of “The Sound of Silence” convey to those “in the know”.
- Leonard Cohen – Sound of Silence (tribute to Paul Simon) (euzicasa.wordpress.com)
- Zimmerman Trial: ‘The Sound of Silence’ (breitbart.com)
- The Sound of Silence (whatihavetosayon.wordpress.com)
- It’s Pimms O’Clock! (elysefeaver.wordpress.com)
- Simon and Garfunkel; Poetry to the People (discosyconciertos.wordpress.com)
- And the people bowed and prayed (castinghopestothefuture.wordpress.com)
- GOP’s Vito-flavored suggestions for Simon’s setlist (timesunion.com)
- Fandom War (My apologies to Paul Simon) (lunaterra12.wordpress.com)
- The sounds of silence (thezimbabwean.co)
- By the Flash of a Neon Light (adiaryinsomeoneelseswords.wordpress.com)